Home, business, or agricultural generators—we do it all! As a Generac Premier and Briggs and Stratton Diamond level installer, we can provide automatic standby solutions to backup the entire home, business, or selected circuits to power the necessities. We even offer a manual transfer switch option for portable generators of any brand that is safer and easier to restore power in an outage.We cover it all:
Ready for a quote?Or in need of service?
Why Finger Lakes Power Systems?
We are certified and factory trained to perform warranty work, repairs, and standard maintenance on Generac, and Briggs and Stratton, and many other brands.
We handle all aspects of the project from permitting, installation, propane or natural gas connections, concrete and electrical inspections. All done by our team-NO subcontractors! Installation usually takes one day with a 2-3 person crew.
We maintain all brands of automatic standby generators including Generac, Kohler, Honeywell, Champion, GE, Briggs & Stratton, Eaton, Milbank, Cummins, and others. Not only do we service what we sell but we also service generators installed by homeowners and other installers.
Scheduled Maintenance for your Generator
We maintain all brands of automatic standby generators including the Generac, Kohler, Honeywell, Champion, GE, Briggs & Stratton, Eaton, Milbank, Cummins, and others. Not only do we service what we sell but we also service generators installed by homeowners and other installers.
Maintenance Procedure Checklist:
- Inspect for visual damage and/or unusual wear and tear
- Inspect all visible fuel and electrical connections
- Clean debris from generator and wipe down enclosure
- Ensure all switches/breakers in normal operating position
- Inspect and test battery and charging system
- Check cold weather kit for proper operation (if applicable)
- Test proper startup and transfer operator function
- Check for any improper noises or vibrations
- Check grid voltage and generator voltage output
- Check grid frequency and generator output frequency
- Ensure there are no corroded or loose connections
- Simulate a power outage
- Change engine oil with synthetic oil per specifications
- Change engine oil filter
- Change spark plugs (with proper gap)
- Change air filter
- Confirm proper valve clearance. Adjust as necessary.
- Inspect and test all fuel connections.
- Check to make sure that fuel pressure is accurate
- Touch up paint as necessary on any gas piping
- Answer any questions about operation, maintenance, or upgrades
- Advise the customer on any foreseeable future preventative maintenance items, upgrades, or repairs
Our team is here to answer all your questions. Take a look at the questions that people just like you have asked. Still have questions? Call us today or submit your question in the web form
Generator Warranty and Repairs
Finger Lakes Generators technicians are Generac and Kohler factory trained and certified to repair generators. We also have technical certifications from Briggs & Stratton, and can service many other brands generators.
If you have a generator that is not operating properly, under warranty or not, give us a call and we can help.